Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Honda CB500X

Mon Jul 07, 2014 7:42 pm by Admin

Do I need specific hardware to mount a SHAD top case on my Honda CB500X?

Comments: 0

Follow Us

Shop Now

FZ6 Seat Customer Review

Go down

FZ6 Seat Customer Review

Post  Admin on Fri May 30, 2014 3:49 pm

May 19, 2014

SHAD Seat Review

I received my SHAD seat for my 2009 FZ6 shortly after ordering a customized seat from French manufacturer Top Sellerie.   I decided to not cancel the order and test both seats out for my liking, accepting that I may eventually sell one.  Initially, I really felt like I was going to keep the TS seat from the get-go, simply because it was customized specifically for me as I hand-picked the materials, the color, and even the stitching.  However, now that I have put over 1500 miles on each seat in a variety of settings, the SHAD seat is the one that stays on the bike.  

My TS seat has tons of cushioning, almost like sitting on a plush couch.  However, after 30 minutes or so, I still find myself getting sore, especially on the inner thigh and the pressure points in my rear.  With the SHAD, the seat is firmer initially, but the foam padding is in specific areas that help support where I usually develop “hot spots” after about a hundred miles.  I think much of this is due to the wide seat for the rider, as it keeps the edge of the seat from contacting at a harsh angle with my inner thighs.  Instead, they are supported further out and the pressure is dissipated more thoroughly.  This really makes a huge difference on the longer trips.  My wife has come to the same conclusion with the pillion portion of the seat. After a few quick trips, she also preferred the cushioned feeling of the TS seat.  However, halfway through a Saturday ride, she began to complain of pain developing and needed a break.  On the next day trip, I switched the seats.  She immediately noticed the firmer seat, liked the flatter seating area, and did not have any of the same pains throughout this trip.  

Another perk of the SHAD is that while it looks very smooth, the material used for the seating area is actually quite gripping.  If I want to slide off to lean through a corner, I can with ease.  However, I don’t have any of the slipping I did with the stock seat.  One main complaint of the stock FZ6 seat, and some aftermarkets ones as well, is that the seat design coupled with the way the bike sits causes the rider to constantly slide forward into the tank.  The material of the seat, combined with its level shape, have all but eliminated this for me.  The only time I’ve inched into the tank is during hard braking and that should be expected.  
As far as aesthetics are concerned, the seat is a two-tone black and has great lines that blend in with the bike.  The only real gripe I have with the seat is that when riding solo, the back is raised up about a quarter inch and doesn’t sit entirely flush with the rear cowling.  None of my three seats are flush, but the SHAD is more noticeable than the other two.
Honestly, after spending many thousands of miles rotating among three seat options, I have firmly landed on the SHAD seat as the choice for my FZ6.  It simply allows me the most constant, enjoyable ride time compared to the stock and TS.  And at the end of the day, that is exactly what I am looking for out of aftermarket components.  

Sincerely,

Jeff Sledz

Admin
Admin

View user profile http://shadusaforum.com

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum