http://www.shadforum.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Honda CB500X

Mon Jul 07, 2014 7:42 pm by Admin

Do I need specific hardware to mount a SHAD top case on my Honda CB500X?

Comments: 0

Follow Us

Shop Now

Canadian Customer Unhappy about Shipping Charge

3 posters

Go down

Canadian Customer Unhappy about Shipping Charge Empty Canadian Customer Unhappy about Shipping Charge

Post  Vaminos Mon Mar 03, 2014 4:02 pm

I would like to state that this post has nothing to do with the quality of SHAD products.

However, I am very unhappy with the shady billing practice of SHAD USA.

With my recent purchase of the Kawasaki special, I was very careful to price my purchase online so I could see what the shipping charges would be. I included both the kawasaki versys special SH42 set along with the brake light kit for the SH50 top case. I went as far with the purchase in the check to the screen where you enter your credit card number to confirm the sale.

At this point, I exited the sale as I wanted to talk to a sales person and ask some questions about the shipment. During the conversation, we decided to process the sale over the phone. I'd also like to point out that at no time was there any indication, either online or during the call, that additional shipping charges might be applied.

Once I received my shipment I noticed that the amount on my credit was substantially greater than currency exchange rates could account for. When I looked through the invoices included in the shipment I noticed that shipping had more than doubled that quoted me on the website or on the phone. Shipping to canada via UPS Ground is, according the website, billed at $60.20. I was charged $127!

I have disputed this with SHAD USA and to date have received no satisfaction on this. My next step will be to dispute this with my credit card company, in effect stopping the transaction altogether. I will post an update on this site once a resolution has been determined.

If SHAD USA reads this -- be advised that I will not be paying the additional shipping, one way or another. You must stand by your quote.

Vaminos

Back to top Go down

Canadian Customer Unhappy about Shipping Charge Empty Update on Shipping Charge Issue

Post  Vaminos Thu Apr 10, 2014 1:34 pm

I am happy to report that SHAD USA finally agreed with my position over the incorrect shipping charge and agreed to refund me the overcharge. However, it took them over a month and a half to process the refund.

That said, I have been reimbursed; the refund has been posted to my credit card account.

Vaminos

Back to top Go down

Canadian Customer Unhappy about Shipping Charge Empty MORE CANADIAN CUSTOMER WOES

Post  Pete McFarlane Thu Jun 19, 2014 1:56 am

Wish I had seen your post earlier. The UPS man left my front door this afternoon having held my SH50 to ransom for import duty, brokerage and taxes to the tune of CAD$137. Nowhere did it say on my order, or the SHAD website, that the buyer would be liable for these charges, or I obviously wouldn't have made the order. SHAD's "International Shipping" info makes no mention of them, nor does their "Terms & Conditions", so I assumed any fees were included in the shipping cost. Other US companies like Amazon.com are very clear on this matter.

Secondly, I didn't even receive what I ordered, i.e. a brand new SH50, I was actually sent an ex-display model. I know it was ex-display because I'd been offered it at such with a 15% discount via an earlier email, and I'd asked for photos to look at to help me decide. Having noticed some minor damage I'd decided that I'd rather wait for new stock and I emailed SHAD to decline their offer. If you look at the two photos, the top photo is the one SHAD sent me and the bottom one is what I took this afternoon, notice any similarities, the cut mark is identical (so are the marks on the base).

Canadian Customer Unhappy about Shipping Charge 20140527_104352

Canadian Customer Unhappy about Shipping Charge IMG_2766

Clearly I am not satisfied with what I've purchased, as I haven't been sent what I ordered and I've been charged too much in the process. I've emailed SHAD and requested a refund for the import duty, brokerage and taxes, and I've said I'm prepared to keep the ex-display case, provided they refund me the 15% they'd originally offered me. I'll update this thread once I receive their reply and let you know what the outcome was.

Pete McFarlane

Back to top Go down

Canadian Customer Unhappy about Shipping Charge Empty Good customer service

Post  Pete McFarlane Sat Jun 21, 2014 12:44 am

I am pleased to report a positive outcome, and some very good customer service, after exchanging a couple of emails with Michael Schuiten (mschuiten@shadusa.com). I have been refunded the import duty, brokerage and taxes, and given the 15% discount for keeping the ex-display box. I also suggested that they amend the wording on their website with reference to shipping outside of the US, and to instigate some form of real-time stock availability, Michael said he would forward my suggestions on to SHAD's Marketing Dept. The SH50 is now fitted to my bike and I am very impressed with the build quality, look and security of the unit.

Pete McFarlane

Back to top Go down

Canadian Customer Unhappy about Shipping Charge Empty Canadian Shipping Fees and Customs Fees

Post  Admin Mon Jul 07, 2014 8:05 pm

We would like to address the important matter of shipping fees and customs duties that apply for sales in Canada. SHAD USA does not control what types of duties or percentages are due on products imported to Canada. All SHAD orders are processed via UPS unless requested differently. The buyer is responsible for any and all costs involved in importing a product to your country, SHAD is not responsible for these expenses nor do we know what they amount to.

Our automatic shipping calculator for shipping covers shipments within the USA only, shipments to Canada will be requested and quoted to buyers prior to shipping.

Although we have sold product to Canada for over two years without shipping and customs problems, we understand the need to clearly state these pieces of information for prospective buyers to make educated and informed decisions on their purchases.

Ride Safe!

SHAD USA Co.

Admin
Admin

http://shadusaforum.com

Back to top Go down

Canadian Customer Unhappy about Shipping Charge Empty Re: Canadian Customer Unhappy about Shipping Charge

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down